With people running out the door in the morning, it can sometimes be difficult to get the nutrients we need to start the day off right. Eggs are a great way to get protein (and if you’re worried about your health you can always use just the whites) and we love that they’re so customizable; you can use practically anything you’ve got in your fridge and it’s good for you! While you do need more time than you would allot for a piece of toast for this dish, it’s got protein and vegetables (and fruit), and will keep you going all day!
Vegetable Breakfast Scramble
- 3-4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup plum (or cherry) tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, heat your olive oil over medium heat and begin sautéing peppers, then add mushrooms, onions and tomatoes, until browned to your liking.
- Beat your eggs in a separate bowl and add salt and pepper.
- Once vegetables have softened, pour eggs into skillet. Evenly swirl the eggs around the entire bottom of the pan and cover the skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low so eggs and vegetables don’t burn.
- Cook until eggs are just set, around 6-8 minutes, and add seasoning if needed. Cut into wedges and serve warm.